Friday, January 11, 2008

Kerry's Endorsement: Kiss of Death

John Kerry, that undead mastadon, most famous for losing a no-brainer election against the actual devil as he stood there in horns and red cape, promising to engulf the world in flames , endorsed Barack Obama this week. I knew it would be the kiss of death for his campaign. I did not know, however, that they were going to literally try and make out.




I have to report something, but first I have to confess something. So, the confession: Instead of allowing the children's minds to be enriched by listening to their Suzuki CDs, I've been listening to conservative talk radio lately. Call it election fever. I hope it goes away, but it's not like Barack Obama hope, it's like maybe-this-Ding-Dong-is-a-magic-one-with-no-calories hope. Now the report: Sean Hannity said something today that was so powerfully ironic, my ears almost bled:

Hannity was bemoaning the fact that the that irritating media (OF WHICH HE IS PART, RIGHT?!) has decided that the fight for the Republican nomination is between McCain and Huckabee, discounting Giuliani and Thompson's hopes for a comeback.

Hannity: I gotta tell ya. I am so tired of all the pundits and the talking heads telling us who to vote for! That is for us to decide!!

1 comment:

  1. "no-brainer election against the actual devil as he stood there in horns and red cape, promising to engulf the world in flames"

    I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight because I'm going to flip-flop between rolling on the floor LAUGHING and realizing that my nightmares are in fact not only true but recognized by others as true....

    ReplyDelete