Friday, March 28, 2008

What I Have Been Doing

I haven't been commenting much on blogs, I haven't been answering much email, and I haven't been blogging much myself because...

Wait, before I reveal this, you should prepare yourself to judge me. Harshly. Especially those of you who find TV repulsive and reality TV violently nauseating.

I've been working on writing my song for the American Idol Songwriting Contest. I did it last year, and it was really fun. I don't know why it was fun -- I am being completely honest when I say that. I think it was fun for the same reason that writing that non-fiction book proposal was fun: it was finite, structured, and could be completed. Then it went on to being someone else's problem. So many of my tasks as a mom and a homeschooler are cyclical, and never finished. When I do one of these "extracurricular" projects, there's a satisfaction in completing it and sending it off and being finished with it.

Maybe that's why -- maybe not.

I hope to have my song done today. The deadline is Monday. I will post a link to it when it's finished.

2 comments:

  1. no judging, I think that's great and I can't wait to hear it!!

    I'm switching blogs, will email you...

    May I direct my homeschool group to your lessons for pirateing? I think it's smashing!

    xo
    (p.s. SO not doing script frenzy this year, why on earth did they move it up? Ugh. I'm still working on my nano..

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it makes you creative, I see nothing wrong with using reality TV like that. We should spend time with our creativity. It is important that we do not view homeschooling as sacrificing our whole being to our children. I've seen many homeschoolers burn out from that.

    Thanks for visiting! Good luck with your song!

    Peace and Laughter,
    Cristina

    ReplyDelete