Friday, March 28, 2008

My American Idol Song

The purpose of the contest is to find a song for the winner to sing at the finale, so the theme is supposed to be... the journey, the arrival, the victory, the moment in time, the grand spotlight. Not my typical theme. My typical themes are mitosis, Charles Darwin, South American rodents, and the letter E.

My entry is here on my myspace music page:

http://www.myspace.com/littleblueschool

Somehow in mixing it down and compressing it first to a .wma and then to a .mp3, I managed to get a whole bunch of crazy stuff in there by way of blips and squeeps. I'm not great at this home recording thing -- this is my first effort. You'll have to imagine it a little cleaner, a little less wobbly, and there you have it. The product of my labors from here at my bedroom vanity table (appropriate, no?) with my microphone, my guitaar, my keyboard, and my laptop. For better or for worse, it's done.

I'm going to try and clean it up a little maybe. Or maybe I'll just leave it strange and bleepy, like me.

The good news is that now that I've figured out my recording equipment (somewhat) I can really record all my science and history songs. Which was the point all along, right? Right? :)

For a list of all the entries, see my book blog. There's an adjacent post with all the entries from last year. At least all the ones that I could hunt down on the internet.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, your voice is beautiful. I really enjoyed your song. In fact my dh walked into the room when it was playing to see what it was. (He has an itunes gift certificate burning a hole in his pocket.)

    What a fun (and impressive) project. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete