Thank you for participating in the science fair this year! It was a great day, and you and your children helped to make that happen!
It’s time to look ahead to next year, and part of that is thanking our sponsors so that they’re happy to help us out again in the future. There are several ways you can help us do this and also spread the word about our fair.
1. Do you have a blog? Go to this post: http://www.littleblueschool.com/2009/11/please-steal-this-post.html You’ll find instructions on how to copy and repost that information, spreading links to our sponsors’ web sites and improving their Google ranking.
2. Do you have Twitter? Here is a list of our sponsors that have Twitter accounts. Please follow them, retweet them when you can, promote their feeds:
http://www.twitter.com/RobertKrampf (The Happy Scientist)
http://www.twitter.com/esciencelabs (eScience Labs)
http://www.twitter.com/brookssystems (Brooks Systems)
http://www.twitter.com/greenolivetree (Green Olive Tree)
http://www.twitter.com/folkmanis (Folkmanis Puppets)
3. Do you use Facebook? Here is a list of our sponsors that have Facebook accounts. Please join their groups, become fans, link to their pages on your wall:
http://www.facebook.com/TheHappyScientist (The Happy Scientist)
http://www.facebook.com/eScienceLabs (eScience Labs)
http://www.facebook.com/vascnews (Virginia Air and Space Center)
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=131416466288 (Green Olive Tree)
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1184826284 (Folkmanis Puppets)
4. Did you receive a prize specifically from one of these donors? It would be great if you wrote a thank-you note to the donor. It would be even better if you blogged about the donor. It would be even better if you blogged with pictures! For example, if you received a bookstore certificate from Book Exchange, can you take a picture of your child with the books they choose? If you received a puppet, can you snap a photo of your child with his/her puppet? Maybe you took a picture at the fair with the puppet – Folkmanis would love to see it.
5. Visit all the science fair sponsors here: http://www.guesshomeschoolsciencefair.com/sponsors.htm Click around on the links and investigate these homeschool-friendly businesses, and let them know that we are grateful for their support.
Thank you so much for helping us out as we wrap up the fair. We really appreciate YOUR support too!
Lydia and Shez