Tuesday, February 24, 2009

First Bike Race of the Season

The temperature was hovering around 40. It was raining, windy, miserable. I can't believe he survived 28 laps in those conditions. Nobody fell over. Nobody froze. I was the official team photographer for Dan's team, Celerity Cycling. Here's my favorite picture:



No, he didn't win. But he wasn't last. And it was good to be back at a bike race, screaming my face off. Here's another picture of Dan:



I was shocked to see how many teams were out in full force already, here in the middle of February, with the weather so dreary. And it was a fast race, too! Nobody got fat over the winter, and they're all rip-roaring and ready to go. Well, great for them. Dan needs more miles.

Here's a link to all the pictures I took of the race, including all five guys on Dan's team, Celerity Cycling. After this dreadful ordeal in the freezing rain, those hot July days in the blazing sun are going to be welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment