Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Owl and the Pussycat by Edward Lear

I heard through the parentvine that they make the first graders at Norfolk Academy memorize this poem, so I let Benny have at it. Can't have the Academicians maintaining a monopoly on silly poems about lovesick animals. He's memorized a few others too, nonsense and otherwise, which I'll post as I get them on video. Next time I hope I manage the light better so that he doesn't look like The Phantom of Nonsense Poetry or something. He is extremely tickled by the idea of wrapping money up with money, so thus the giggling. :D



Ah, I just remembered I have a short video of him reciting the first five stanzas of "The Walrus and the Carpenter" at his little acting class at The Hurrah Players. Each of the kids had to memorize a short poem... Benny memorized quite a long one and only had time to recite the first bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment